When I make the choice to accept people where they are then I am one step closer to being able to see the heart and not just the people that I encounter.
1. I have to accept where you are – because it IS where you are. It matters little where I think you should be and it matters even less where I am. You are where you are and I have to make a choice to accept that
2. I have to accept who you are – your quirks, your personality, and your journey. I may not like who you are or like the individual components that make up your personality but I do have to make the purposeful choice to accept who you are.
3. I have to accept where you are going – because your journey is your choice. It is not up to me to determine your path. It is up to me to accept the your chosen path for you.
4. I have to accept what you are thinking – even if I think it’s is wrong. It is not about making you right (or at least right according to me) but about making the choice to accept your right to think the way you are thinking.
5. I have to accept your unique design – because you are not like me and as much as I want to make you fit into my mold it will never happen. The sooner I accept it the easier it will be for me to accept you.
#GrowingHOPE recognizes people are so much more than choices. People are more than actions. And people are definitely more than a moment. I have to be determined to see past the “I don’t like you” and into the heart.
1. I have to know there is a difference between where I am and where you are. And just recognizing that difference can make all the difference in the world.
2. I have to accept the differences in our journeys because where you are and where you are going will never be exactly like me and mine.
3. I have to take the time to see the struggles – not so that I can make excuses but so that I can understand that complete person (or at least get closer to understanding).
4. I have to know the promises – not just for me but for you – because we are each designed for a purpose and on purpose and when I remember that then I can see beyond the “I don’t like you” moments.
5. I have to expect the promises – not only do I need to understand what lies ahead but I have to make a determination that it will come to pass.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Purchase your copy of “Place in Purpose” by visiting www.KathrynLang.com/books-place-in-purpose or find your digital or print copies at most online book stores.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/