#Security – 3 – Just Say No
Choosing better will require that I say no now and then – no to people; no to situations; no to opportunities. Not everything that comes to me will be the better choice for my journey. I have to invest in discernment if I am going to flourish in my way.
1. Learn the power of no – because those two letters, when put together, can stop my cart from running into a ditch or make room for an opportunity that might have been otherwise missed.
2. Keep no simple – refuse to tack on explanations or details behind the decision and just say no.
3. Say no to the distractions – because they are EVERYWHERE. If it doesn’t move me closer to where I need to be then I say no to the invitation.
4. Say no to the excuses – the things that are being held up to keep me from moving forward (the good excises as well as the bad excuses – because an excuse by any name will keep me from where I want to go).
5. Say no to the negatives – just refuse to allow them a place to root. Sometimes you can tune them out, sometimes you can counter them, but never allow the negatives a place to live.
#GrowingHOPE understands I need to build better security if I am going to quit using the things that are holding me back to keep me safe. That security is a delusion. Better security gives me the tools to launch to my next level.
1. Building better security requires that I set limits – because without limits will overextend every single time.
2. Building better security means that I need a set budget – finances play a part in this world and the right budget helps prepare me for what might come up.
3. Building better security sometimes means saying no – I need to practice no to get good at it and comfortable with it.
4. Building better security requires that I am honest with myself – about where I am, about what I’m doing, and about what I’m not doing.
5. Building better security also requires being honest with others – about what is expected, about what is requires, and about what is reasonable.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Purchase your copy of “Place in Purpose” by visiting www.KathrynLang.com/books-place-in-purpose or find your digital or print copies at most online book stores.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/