#Security – 5-Honest with Others
If I want to have the security that comes with walking out my purpose, then I am going to have to be honest with the people that are around me.
1. I have to be honest about what I expect – from them and from the relationship or encounter. If I keep my expectations clear instead of EXPECTING them to just know then it will help me avoid too many negatives that need to be navigated.
2. I need to be honest about what I need – from them and for me. I have to express the things that I need to help me keep on keeping on – or sometimes just those things I need to keep from breaking down or giving in.
3. I have to be honest about what you expect – because your expectations and my expectations will not be the same and may end up clashing – but if I take the time to be honest about what I have heard or what I have understood then I help create security from the negatives.
4. I have to be honest about what you need – and whether or not I am in a position to meet that need or if I have to find other resources to get the need met.
5. I have to be honest about a need for a balance – and that sometimes a balance requires compromise and sometimes it requires adjustments but ALWAYS it requires honesty.
#GrowingHOPE understands I need to build better security if I am going to quit using the things that are holding me back to keep me safe. That security is a delusion. Better security gives me the tools to launch to my next level.
1. Building better security requires that I set limits – because without limits will overextend every single time.
2. Building better security means that I need a set budget – finances play a part in this world and the right budget helps prepare me for what might come up.
3. Building better security sometimes means saying no – I need to practice no to get good at it and comfortable with it.
4. Building better security requires that I am honest with myself – about where I am, about what I’m doing, and about what I’m not doing.
5. Building better security also requires being honest with others – about what is expected, about what is requires, and about what is reasonable.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Purchase your copy of “Place in Purpose” by visiting www.KathrynLang.com/books-place-in-purpose or find your digital or print copies at most online book stores.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/
Watch the full Reggie Watts video on YouTube - https://youtu.be/O0RU_Nyr4l4