1. Hear the words – and by this I mean take a moment to focus on the words so that you can take them in.
2. Repeat the words – say the words back in the form of a question or just a statement for clarification.
3. Watch for the unspoken – experts say . . . well let’s face it that experts say a LOT. In regards to non-verbal communication they don’t agree on the percentages, but they do agree that most of our communication is non-verbal (discerning husband will also agree).
4. Lean in – when listening leaning in shows interest. It shows the speaker that you are engaged with the words.
5. Be alert to the surroundings – watch what is going on. Be aware of the other people around, the current circumstances, and any number of other factors. All of these, and so much more, can affect the meaning behind the words.
Everything is founded in and on relationships. If I want to be in a position to grow up relationships then I need to develop the skill of listening.
#GrowingHOPE understands that before I can get anywhere in getting my relationship priorities straight, I need to get me straight. I have to have a me focus that allows me to recognize when I am off target and then find my way back to the right path when I do.
Me focus – if I want to build solid relationships in my life then I need to be invested in being the best me I can be. I get there when I look at self, evaluate self, and focus on self.
Clutter free – release the extras. I have to remove all those things that hold me back from doing what needs to be done.
Hear me – develop the skill of listening, because it is a learned skill that must be honed and practiced. Skilled hearing includes the receptions of words, the awareness of actions and attitude, and also an understanding of the environment.
Investing 101 – the basic steps that lead to relationship investment including thoughts on time, resources, and focus.
Expect Nothing – because it is the expectations that end up getting u in the most trouble.
Website: www.kathrynlang.com and www.proverb31life.com
facebook: thekathrynclang and practicalproverbs twitter: kathrynclang and pushtofly
google+ : kathrynclang Linkedin: kathrynclang