1. Be committed – make a plan for purposeful actions that engage others. Set the limits and then keep moving forward into those limits. Things will happen that make it easy to walk away but if I make that commitment first then I have a way to be intentional in investing for relationship priorities.
2. Due diligence – take time to learn something about the people you are engaging. It is important to know where you are investing before you begin making the effort. You will not know all, but due diligence can help you make better choices.
3. Avoid the allure of position – treat everyone is equally important from the janitor to the CEO to the cashier – because they are.
4. Learn for yourself – word of mouth may be good for advertising but it is not the wisest path when it comes to investing in relationships.
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff – because stuff will come up. We will not always agree. We will not even always get along. And that is OKAY!
Relationships require investments, and knowing the basic investment tips can help me make the better choices for investing my limited resources.
#GrowingHOPE understands that before I can get anywhere in getting my relationship priorities straight, I need to get me straight. I have to have a me focus that allows me to recognize when I am off target and then find my way back to the right path when I do.
Me focus – if I want to build solid relationships in my life then I need to be invested in being the best me I can be. I get there when I look at self, evaluate self, and focus on self.
Clutter free – release the extras. I have to remove all those things that hold me back from doing what needs to be done.
Hear me – develop the skill of listening, because it is a learned skill that must be honed and practiced. Skilled hearing includes the receptions of words, the awareness of actions and attitude, and also an understanding of the environment.
Investing 101 – the basic steps that lead to relationship investment including thoughts on time, resources, and focus.
Expect Nothing – because it is the expectations that end up getting u in the most trouble.
Website: www.kathrynlang.com and www.proverb31life.com
facebook: thekathrynclang and practicalproverbs twitter: kathrynclang and pushtofly
google+ : kathrynclang Linkedin: kathrynclang