Growing Change – Part Three – Right Focus
Focus makes a difference and the right focus makes all the difference. I am growing change for my life because I am being intentional about what I do and where I go. Intentional actions happen when I get the clarity of focus that allows me to see the steps I need to take.
I begin to clear up my focus or to get my focus right by making a few minor adjustments to my day.
1. I have to build a habit of reading Scripture and it needs to be such a natural part of my day that my day feels off unless I invest in that reading.
2. I need to study with others – in person or online. The group dynamics will help to feed my focus and also will provide some accountability for the journey.
3. I have to make time for daily conversation with God – and the conversation should include time of praise, time of petition, and time of being still and listening.
4. I need to invest in a church community – not just in volunteering to be part of activities but in active engagement with others to build up relationships. Tit is the relationships that make the church.
5. I need to write down my concerns, my encounters, and my answered prayers. Keeping a record of the petitions and the blessings that come along will make it possible to keep my focus during the toughest times and during the times when things are so quiet that it doesn’t seem I even need to focus.
Growing HOPE understands until I step into the change, I will never know how the change will (or will not) work for my life.
I grow up change for my life when I take a few steps into that change.
First – I have to take off the mask I have to stop pretending that I am somewhere that I am not.
Second – I have to choose the direction that I want to go because I am not where I want to be simply because I haven’t been moving in the direction I want to go.
Third – I have to put my attention on the right place. The only way that I can walk on water is to have a focus on Christ.
Fourth – I have to stop looking back. Trying to plow (or even walk for that matter) while I look behind will only leave everything in a mess.
Fifth – build a habit of belief. Speak it until you think it without having to think about it. See it until you belief it as natural as you breathe.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/