1. Be a good steward – I am most encouraged when I am healthy, my schedule is balanced, and my home and life are orderly – and these only come when I make the choices that put me in a position of being the good steward over all aspects of my life.
2. Create an inspiration wall or journal. You need a place to keep a record of the things that inspire or encourage you. It could be a collage of images, or a folder of songs in your music player. The key is to HAVE a way to keep encouragement readily accessible.
3. Quiet time. Learn how to tune out and to unplug in order to refresh and refill encouragement. The quiet releases the imagination to discover its own way and that is always a good thing.
4. Enjoyment investment. Make time to laugh, to play, and to enjoy the things of life and in life. I have to find the time and space to enjoy the journey or I will not want to be on the journey in the first place.
5. Understand the encouragement well – or it may be better to describe it as a reservoir. The encouragement pours out of you into the world, but if you do not keep the reservoir filled then you will become exhausted and depleted in your encouragement efforts.
The more I fill my life with encouragement then the more I will be prepared to be an encouragement in the lives of others. I have to refill my encouragement well though to be in that place of overflow.
#GrowingHOPE understands a life INcouraged can give flight to impossible dreams – but I have to invest in encouragement to grow up that life.
First – I have to understand encouragement – because it is more than just cheerleading from the sideline (although it can include that).
Second – I have to become encouraged in my own journey – because I will always struggle to be an encouragement when I am haunted by discouragement myself.
Third – I have to develop a habit of sharing encouragement because it will never have a chance to work if it is never given away.
Fourth – I have to learn how to recognize discouragement in myself and in those around me. Sometimes the encouragement comes from that recognition.
Fifth – I have to utilize the tools for dispelling discouragement because there are ways I can help grow it away.
Website: www.kathrynlang.com and www.proverb31life.com
facebook: thekathrynclang and practicalproverbs twitter: kathrynclang and pushtofly
google+ : kathrynclang Linkedin: kathrynclang