Know the Difference
I have to be purposeful in making an effort to know the difference between you and me if I am going to get past the feelings and emotions that emerge when I recognize that I just don’t like you right now (or at all).
1. We are at different points in our journey – even if we are moving along in the same general direction.
2. We have different perspectives about this journey – because our experiences and our interests and our directions are different.
3. We have different proclivity – a predisposition to go a certain direction or in a certain way.
4. We have different places that we need to go, that we have been, and that we are designed to encounter.
5. We have different pursuits – even if they look somewhat the same we are aimed at different targets.
#GrowingHOPE recognizes people are so much more than choices. People are more than actions. And people are definitely more than a moment. I have to be determined to see past the “I don’t like you” and into the heart.
1. I have to know there is a difference between where I am and where you are. And just recognizing that difference can make all the difference in the world.
2. I have to accept the differences in our journeys because where you are and where you are going will never be exactly like me and mine.
3. I have to take the time to see the struggles – not so that I can make excuses but so that I can understand that complete person (or at least get closer to understanding).
4. I have to know the promises – not just for me but for you – because we are each designed for a purpose and on purpose and when I remember that then I can see beyond the “I don’t like you” moments.
5. I have to expect the promises – not only do I need to understand what lies ahead but I have to make a determination that it will come to pass.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Purchase your copy of “Place in Purpose” by visiting www.KathrynLang.com/books-place-in-purpose or find your digital or print copies at most online book stores.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/