Relationships Foundations – THREE – Be Honest
I may not be able to make you honest, but I can choose not to allow your actions and behaviors to affect how I am honest. One of the major “Be Attitudes” for relationship foundations is BE HONEST.
When I am investing in relationship foundations, there are some things that I need to be focused on when it comes to being honest.
1. Tell the truth – not half-truths, not almost truths, and not white lies. Tell the truth.
2. Be just – stand firm on your moral foundation so that others know what to expect when approaching you about a situation or event.
3. Act with fairness – in dealings and actions. Honor your word and follow through on your promises and don’t try to cheat.
4. Choose authenticity – treat everyone as equal from the janitor to the CEO and from the guru to the fan – air on the side of impartiality.
5. Lay it on the line – reveal your expectations, your wants, your investment concerns or desires. Be willing to put it out there even with the possibility of getting hurt.
#GrowingHOPE understands I need to lay a solid foundation on which I can build the relationships. The foundation begins with five choices:
1. Choose to be real – to reveal the me that is uniquely designed and not all that normal.
2. Choose to be vulnerable – allowing the openness to make way for connections.
3. Choose to be sincere in the words I use and the actions I take.
4. Choose to be quiet and speak with a soft voice (or say nothing at all if there is nothing nice to say).
5. Choose to be positive and find the possibilities in all that I meet.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/