Relationships Foundations – TWO – Be Open
The hurts of the past or the hang ups from what I have experienced can make me want to crawl back in my shell. Relationships will never grow up if I stay holed up in my shell. I have to be open to grow relationship foundations.
The best relationship foundations occur when I am willing to be open about my journey and to what lies along the path.
- I need to be open to new opinions and ideas. It turns out that not everyone believes the same things I believe.
- I need to be open to a variety of tastes. Variety is not only the spice of life but it is also the key to balanced health.
- I need to be open to different directions. The more I learn the more I realize that there is more than one way to get there.
- I need to be open to unexpected experiences. Even if I stayed closed then I would still encounter unexpected – so why not be open and willing to experience it.
- I need to be open to unique interpretations. Every eye will see the image with a different perspective because every eye is unique.
#GrowingHOPE understands I need to lay a solid foundation on which I can build the relationships. The foundation begins with five choices:
1. Choose to be real – to reveal the me that is uniquely designed and not all that normal.
2. Choose to be vulnerable – allowing the openness to make way for connections.
3. Choose to be sincere in the words I use and the actions I take.
4. Choose to be quiet and speak with a soft voice (or say nothing at all if there is nothing nice to say).
5. Choose to be positive and find the possibilities in all that I meet.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/