1. Let go of the need to get. It will be relatively easy the first time – to let go of that need to see a return. It might even be fairly simple the second time. It is developing a consistency in this mindset that can be the real challenge.
2. What have I done for you lately – or even better . . . what have I done. I need to be aware of the investments I am king and stop relying on the past moments of helping.
3. Ask to help – with clarity and with specific details. It is not just an offer to help – but to give a precise and intentional offer.
4. Keep room for helping. This becomes a little easier when decluttering is part of the schedule. It is important that I find an excess of time and resources so I can focus on helping and engaging without expectation of return.
5. Know the Real Source. The people that I engage with and that I build relationships with are not the source of my blessings, my opportunities, and definitely not my happiness. When I understand that Real Source then I free others to be focused on their own journey AND I free me up to let go of the need to have a return because my return comes from the Real Source.
Being relentlessly helpful – a key component to growing relationships – Is never about what I can get. I have to let go of my expectation for returns if I want to make way for relationships to become a priority.
#GrowingHOPE understands that before I can get anywhere in getting my relationship priorities straight, I need to get me straight. I have to have a me focus that allows me to recognize when I am off target and then find my way back to the right path when I do.
Me focus – if I want to build solid relationships in my life then I need to be invested in being the best me I can be. I get there when I look at self, evaluate self, and focus on self.
Clutter free – release the extras. I have to remove all those things that hold me back from doing what needs to be done.
Hear me – develop the skill of listening, because it is a learned skill that must be honed and practiced. Skilled hearing includes the receptions of words, the awareness of actions and attitude, and also an understanding of the environment.
Investing 101 – the basic steps that lead to relationship investment including thoughts on time, resources, and focus.
Expect Nothing – because it is the expectations that end up getting u in the most trouble.
Website: www.kathrynlang.com and www.proverb31life.com
facebook: thekathrynclang and practicalproverbs twitter: kathrynclang and pushtofly
google+ : kathrynclang Linkedin: kathrynclang