Relationships InCouraged – 1 – Understanding #Encouragement
Understanding exactly what encouragement is and can be will go a long ways towards helping me keep up.
1. Define encouragement – because it may not be what you think it is. The definition of encouragement may even change from one person to the next or one situation to the next. We are looking for the deep down definition or the heart of what is encouragement.
2. Recognize encouragement – learn to see it in action. Different people prefer different methods and different methods from different people – so it can be a challenge just to pin down encouragement at times.
3. Avoid the Nagging edge – because there can be a fine line between encouragement and nagging at times. Encouragement can serve as a reminder or a reminder can be a nagging deterrent – and the difference between the two is smaller than an eyelash.
4. One size fits all – this isn’t true for clothes and it definitely isn’t true for encouragement. Every person will need unique encouragement because every person is unique.
5. Quiet encouragement – because sometimes the still and quiet can be the best encouragement. Utilizing no words (and not even any actions) can be the right encouragement at the right time.
I have seen first-hand the power of encouragement and I have also seen encouragement efforts run right off the tracks – understanding the heart of encouragement makes all the difference in how it goes.
#GrowingHOPE understands a life INcouraged can give flight to impossible dreams – but I have to invest in encouragement to grow up that life.
First – I have to understand encouragement – because it is more than just cheerleading from the sideline (although it can include that).
Second – I have to become encouraged in my own journey – because I will always struggle to be an encouragement when I am haunted by discouragement myself.
Third – I have to develop a habit of sharing encouragement because it will never have a chance to work if it is never given away.
Fourth – I have to learn how to recognize discouragement in myself and in those around me. Sometimes the encouragement comes from that recognition.
Fifth – I have to utilize the tools for dispelling discouragement because there are ways I can help grow it away.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/AUTHOR
The CWA Radio Network 41 followersFIND US ON FACEBOOK