#Security – 4 – Self Honest
Honesty is a necessity. I have to be honest with myself if I am going to create the success I desire. I have to look at where I am and make an honest determination of what I am willing to do and to give up so that I can have what is needed to break through the walls that will show up.
- I have to be honest about what I really want – because there is a HUGE difference between wishing from something and putting in the work for something. UNLESS I get raw and honest WITH MYSELF, I will continue to struggle to get to where I want to go.
- I have to be honest about what I am really willing to do. I want to be healthier, but I am not willing to pay a personal trainer, or attend a gym, or even make exercise a priority. Unless I get honest about what I WILLL do and what I CAN do then I will never begin to break through in my doing.
- I have to be honest about what I am willing to give up – because I will have to give up something if I am going to pursue something else. An honest evaluation of my priorities will help me make these determinations.
- I have to be honest about my weaknesses – because although I like to tell my kids that I am Super Girl and I can do everything, the truth is that I can’t do everything – nor do I really want to. When I am honest about where I struggle then I can begin to get the help and support I need to do or accomplish those tasks.
- I have to be honest about my strengths – and this can be even more complicated than being honest about my weaknesses. We are taught not to brag, but being honest about my strength is not bragging but solid evaluation.
#GrowingHOPE understands I need to build better security if I am going to quit using the things that are holding me back to keep me safe. That security is a delusion. Better security gives me the tools to launch to my next level.
1. Building better security requires that I set limits – because without limits will overextend every single time.
2. Building better security means that I need a set budget – finances play a part in this world and the right budget helps prepare me for what might come up.
3. Building better security sometimes means saying no – I need to practice no to get good at it and comfortable with it.
4. Building better security requires that I am honest with myself – about where I am, about what I’m doing, and about what I’m not doing.
5. Building better security also requires being honest with others – about what is expected, about what is requires, and about what is reasonable.
Visit the Growing HOPE website http://www.kathrynlang.com/
Get your #free PDF downloads of the eBooks by Kathryn Lang by visiting www.kathrynlang.com/ebooks
Invite Kathryn to speak at your next event. You can contact her by email or use the contact form on the website – www.kathrynlang.com/contact.
Purchase your copy of “Place in Purpose” by visiting www.KathrynLang.com/books-place-in-purpose or find your digital or print copies at most online book stores.
Background music for Growing HOPE ads, Review moment, and Scripture moment was created by Kevin McCleod at InCompetech – check out the wonderful music offered by InCompetech today.
Learn more about Christian Women Affiliate on the CWA website -http://christianwomenaffiliate.com/